The Short Stack Cookbook: Ingredients that Speak Volumes
$24.00 was $49.95
This item may be out of season or currently out of stock. Please check back.
Author: Nick Fauchald and Kaitlyn Goalen
List Price: $49.95
Page Count: 320
The first cookbook from Short Stack Editions, an artful collection of 150 new and original recipes organized by ingredient from IACP and James Beard Award–winning cookbook authors, chefs, food writers, recipe testers, and editors.
The ethos behind Short Stack Editions is simple: Pair honest, common ingredients with trusted voices in the culinary world for inspired recipes home cooks can actually use. And for their first cookbook, Short Stack founders Nick Fauchald and Kaitlyn Goalen call upon their acclaimed contributors to extend their love letters to favorite ingredients. Exclusively created for this cookbook, these recipes–from all-star chefs, food writers, editors, and stylists–are destined to become favorites.
Organized by 18 ingredients, including Apples, Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, Butter, Cheddar, Eggs, Tomatoes, Greek Yogurt, Honey, Hot Chile Peppers, Kale, Lemons, Sourdough, Whole Chicken, and Winter Squash, The Short Stack Cookbook takes readers though staples found in the kitchen and presents new ways to cook with everyday items. Contributors include:
- Virginia Willis (author of Bon Appétit, Y’all)
- Sara Jenkins (chef, restaurateur, and cookbook author)
- Ian Knauer (IACP nominee and former food editor at Gourmet)
- Soa Davies (producer of Eric Ripert’s cookbook On the Line and executive chef of Maple Food Co.)
- Susan Spungen (founding food editor for Martha Stewart Living)
- Angie Mosier (food stylist, photographer, and writer for Food & Wine and the New York Times)
- Rebekah Peppler (writer and food stylist)
- Alison Roman (former editor at Bon Appétit and BuzzFeed)
- Sarah Baird (writer and culinary anthropologist)
- Julia Sherman (artist, photographer, writer, cookbook author, and founder of Salad for President)
- Michael Harlan Turkell (award-winning photographer and cookbook author)
- Julia Turshen (cookbook author)
- Megan Scott (recipe developer and project manager at The Joy of Cooking)
- Tyler Kord (chef-owner of the No. 7 group)
- Paul Grimes (food stylist)
- Beth Lipton (food director for Health magazine)
The Short Stack Cookbook is the perfect gift for the nostalgic, design-centric home cook looking for recipe inspiration for their weekly farmer’s market haul or CSA farm box.