What to Eat & How to Eat It: 99 Super Ingredients for a Healthy Life
$20.00 was $39.99
Online ordering for this item will be back shortly. Please check back.
Author: Renee Elliott
Page Count: 256
List Price: $39.99
This authoritative new title from health and wellness expert Renée Elliott is a modern encyclopedia of 99 superfood ingredients. Carefully curated by Renée in close collaboration with the buyers of pioneering organic supermarket Planet Organic, the result is a definitive guide to incorporating the most nutritional foods into everyday meals.
Each entry offers notes on benefits, selection, preparation and cooking, plus thoroughly useable and delicious recipe suggestions that are quick to prepare simple to cook and rewarding to eat. The health benefits of each ingredient are also indicated – whether they support your digestive system, help protect joints, promote immunity, support a healthy heart, or are simply superb for growing hair and skin. The ingredients are divided into 10 grocery categories to make shopping trips simple:
- Beans (including adzuki, black turtle, chickpeas, lentils and peas)
- Fermented Foods (such as kombucha, miso and sauerkraut)
- Fruit (from avocados to stone fruits)
- Grains (including heritage grains like amaranth and of-the-moment ‘IT’-grains like quinoa)
- Herbs and Spices (such as sumac, chili, cinnamon, ginger and parsley)
- Cooking Ingredients (everyday and unknown – acai, bee pollen, maca, salt)
- Meat, fish and dairy (eggs, cheese, fatty fish, bone broth and beyond)
- Nuts and seeds (inc. nut butters and seeds, from cacao and chia to sesame)
- Seaweeds (dried and fresh, from algae and arame to nori)
- Vegetables (from asparagus to shiitake mushrooms)
‘Super-useful Store Cupboard’ highlights the best flours, natural sweeteners and staples to keep in the kitchen, while the contemporary design (combining photography with illustrations) will appeal to both millennials and longstanding foodies. This book is an invaluable guide for anyone who wants to eat well and live better.