Organic Bouquet Dill - 5g
This item is currently on back order....
Pack Size: 5 g. Grow up to six 11 x 11" trays from each pack.
Description: Organic seeds for growing herbs indoors through winter. 28 days to first harvest.
Easy steps for growing mesclun mix greens indoors through winter:
- Bouquet Dill grows most productively under full spectrum (6400K) grow lights. We recommend Sunblaster T5 lighting. Grow lights should be maintained 6 - 12” above plant tops and should be on 16 - 18 hours per day.
- During the months where daylight-hours are low Bouquet Dill can be grown in a very sun window - but productivity goes way up under full spectrum lights.
- Bouquet Dill grows very well in shallow containers with drainage. We often use 11 x 11” or 10 x 20” trays. Other ideas include recycled clam shells from store-bought greens or recycled flower pots.
- For completely easy indoor herbs use a composty soil. We use an organic potting mix blended with Sea Soil compost at a 60 / 40 ratio. By building in high quality compost you can avoid any need for additional fertilizing.
- Bouquet Dill takes 3 - 5 days to germinate. The ideal temperature for germination is 12 - 18º C; bottom heat will speed up germination and encourage faster seedling development but excessively warm soil temperatures inhibit germination of lettuces.
- Wet your soil medium before sowing then sprinkle seeds onto soil surface at approximately 350 seeds per 11 x 11” tray. Press seeds gently into soil surface and spritz (or carefully water) to fully moisten.
- Check on seeds every few days to notice when they are starting to germinate. Maintain soil moisture without allowing the mix to be soggy.
- Great air circulation around your indoor garden makes everything better! If you are growing lots of plants indoors consider adding a small fan to your set-up.
- If using humidity domes over your trays: be sure to leave these off for at least one hour per day to allow for air circulation.
- Pests rarely occur on baby greens but it is a good idea to clean pots/trays with warm soapy water (or 10% bleach solution) between crops and generally keep your growing area tidy.
- Crops that are grown to larger than baby green size will likely require fertilizing for best productivity; we recommend Evolve Organic All Purpose Fertilizer for our indoor gardens.
- Harvest greens by up to 50% with each cut.
- Use sharp scissors to cut your greens - this helps plants regrow more quickly after harvest.
- The beauty of growing your own greens is that you can harvest just what you need when you need it!