The Gluten-Free Baking Book
$6.00 was $27.95
This item may be out of season or currently out of stock. Please check back.
Author: The Gluten-Free Baking Book
Publisher: Robert Rose
Page Count: 320
List Price: $27.95
Where variety and manageable batches mix deliciously.
These outstanding recipes run the gamut of exactly the type of baked goods those managing gluten intolerance crave -- with a small twist. Based on extensive feedback, we've learned that gluten-free home bakers prefer small batches and yields from their efforts.
The reasons vary from space constraints (since people managing gluten intolerance typically require more products, which take up valuable cupboard, refrigerator, and freezer space) to the sheer cost of the ingredients. The high cost of these ingredients often means that the baked goods tend to be enjoyed only by those actually suffering from the intolerance as opposed to other family members, friends, and the like. And we've heard time and time again how much people crave variety and the ability to bake something that is quick, is easy to clean up, and doesn't require hours of baking in the kitchen.
You'd never know that dazzling baked goods like these were gluten-free:
- Muffins, loaves, and mixes, including banana oatmeal muffins, date cashew loaf
- Cookies and bars, such as crunch mocha cookies, almond macaroons, citrus squares
- Cupcakes, including sour cream fudge cupcakes, mini carrot cakes, amaretto cheesecake
- Crisps, crumbles, puddings, and cobblers, such as baked pear pudding for two, strawberry rhubarb crisp, crème caramel, peach cobbler
- No-knead yeast breads, including lemon millet bread, pumpernickel
- Tarts and pastry, including basic pastry, lemon meringue tarts, pumpkin tarts
- Holiday baking, including sticky date pudding, Scottish shortbread, classic crepes
The authors also include handy and specially created glossaries for those managing gluten intolerance, including information on equipment, ingredients, and techniques.
Please note: This book is a remainder discount book. Remainder books are books that have been returned to the publisher by the original retailer. Sage Garden purchases these books through a remainder book wholesaler. We are legally beholden to list remainder books as 'used', although they are in 'unread' condition. These discount books are distinguished from 'new-from-the-publisher' books by a red or black mark on the bottom edge.